Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Are you a Broken Cistern?

Jeremiah 2:13 KJV — For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Last night, Wednesday, December 13, 2023 I had a dream and while the only part I can recall is what I am about to share, it is what I feel the Lord wants me to prayerfully ponder. 

My Dream:

I was in this old two story house that was in great need of renovations and repairs. I was going either down or up the stairs [up or down didn't stand out] but suddenly I saw this dark spot on the wall near the bottom landing of staircase.  I stopped to check it out, touched it to see if it was paint, black mold, or wet from water.  When I touched it, it just caved in, the sheet rock seemed to melt, dissolve.   The hole was several feet wide and long - large enough for me to see a pipe had busted and it was very old, corroded and had grunge all over the outside.  I noticed the bottom pipe was frozen solid and had ice crystals hanging off it that was several inches above the pipes break.  The top part had water pouring out of it and was running into the wall flooding the foundation.  I looked around for someone to help me with this situation and a couple of guys came up, looked at it and backed away saying: "I'm sorry but we can't help you with this" and they turned and left me standing there trying to see where I could find someone qualified and willing to help with this dilemma.   I awoke and prayerfully sought what this dream meant. 

While talking to my niece Nanci about this weird dream, she and I were praying together and I felt the Lord revealed that the broken pipe was like people that were broken and the purifying, cleansing power of the "living water of the Word" was broken and his people did not want to be bothered with these broken people.  They want someone else to deal with it... "not me, I don't have time to mess with that!"  I also felt that broken pipe might represent some believers who are broken, that seem impossible to repair and no one wants to put the time and effort to do the fix.  They don't have time to be bothered with these broken vessels so the " washing of the water of the Word" can flow through to cleans these souls.  Feel free to share your take on this dream, what it may reveal to you. God bless!

This dream also reminds me of last year on Christmas eve, the temperatures dropped to 3% F and my water pipes busted, and within minutes my garage was ankle deep in water. The pipes coming into the house had frozen, busted, and even the turn-off valve was frozen and... as I stated it was  Christmas eve! Who in the world would be willing to come out to rescue this Widow woman from this emergency, considering my Son in law Dan, Tina's husband along with Tina, were ten hours away in NC. But God chose Dan through Tina to find me help and he had a friend from his church willing to come immediately to my rescue and within a few hours it was fixed. Also the Lord had my church take care of the cost! Now I have this story to tell others about what an awesome Heavenly Father we have, and how he is an ever present help in our times of need. He will never turn down a job, no matter how hard or difficult it seems or how nasty the job/fix may be.

SCRIPTURES
Jeremiah 2:13 KJV — For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.
Ephesians 5:26 KJV — That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Genesis 15:1 KJV — After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Psalm 121
A Song of degrees.
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Luke 11:39 KJV — And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.

Matthew 25: 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 7: 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

DEFINITIONS:
Google's: "CISTERN" A tank for storing water, especially one supplying taps or as part of a flushing toilet.
Strongs definition: a cistern, pit, well

Luke 10: 30¶And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37¶And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment