Pages

Monday, December 9, 2019

Vision: Christ's Glory revealed through His wounds

December 7, 2019 (received during OBT Sunday praise & worship service)

Today during our praise and worship service at Open Bible Tabernacle church, the Lord revealed himself to me in a way that I have never thought about or even heard anyone as yet described.  As we were singing the first song, one of the songs mentioned us worshipping the Lord and I saw the Lord standing there with his hands stretched out, and beams of light emanating from his wrists, his feet, his head where the crown of thorns was pressed into his brow, every place on his body, including his back from the stripes that he received, were emanating his glory.  It made me think of a diamond, and it's many facets, and how that diamond refracts the light which passes through, bounces off of it and sparkles with brilliance. As I looked upon him I could see every scar, all the wounds that he had received for us... every place on his body, including his back, the stripes that he received, were emanating his glory... all the wounds that he had received for our Redemption.

Also several Bible verses came to mind, one where he was asked when he returns: "Zec 13:6 - And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends." Another verse came to mind during this vision, was at His second coming, of his people looking upon him and saying: "Hos 8:2 - Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee."  I believe this revelation of him is seen through the wounds they were responsible for as a nation, his crusifiction.   The scales will fall off his people's eyes.

Also a third verse came to mind in book of Revelation, that mentions the four living creatures flying around the Throne of God, crying out in Rev 4:8 - And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.  I realized that as they were crying out: "holy holy holy", they were observing the son of God and the demonstration of his love for mankind and his transforming power in each believer, each child of God's life. They were witnessing God individually creating a new life in him, as well as his mercy, grace, forgiveness, steadfastness and his long suffering being revealed to them through these individual's rebirth.

Through this vision, I realize that throughout all of eternity, as we look upon Jesus, the Christ, the son of the Living God, we will continuously be reminded of his great love and the price that he was willing, so freely to give: to lay down his life so that we could receive life everlasting, through him... His glory shining from every wound that he received on our behalf. Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come!

Additional Bible Verses:
[Isa 53:3-12 KJV] 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

[1Jo 3:2 KJV] 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

[Mat 17:1-2 KJV] 1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

[Jhn 17:5, 21-22, 24 KJV] 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. ... 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: ... 24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

1 comment: